Wood Chipper recommendation

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
If what Zigs posted is available in the US it looks great. I've been looking into these over the last year and, from what I have seen, anything that costs less than $1000 isn't worth buying.

I rented one last year for about $100 and got rid of a few big piles of brush and tree trimmings. Total about an hour chipping. Key here was to have all the brush and piles lined up and ready to go. I never even had to unhook it from the trailer hitch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
If what Zigs posted is available in the US it looks great. I've been looking into these over the last year and, from what I have seen, anything that costs less than $1000 isn't worth buying.

I rented one last year for about $100 and got rid of a few big piles of brush and tree trimmings. Total about an hour chipping. Key here was to have all the brush and piles lined up and ready to go. I never even had to unhook it from the trailer hitch.
It not available in US.

Regarding anything below $1000 is not worth buying; I had the same thought.
Based on what I searched https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bigbear...-with-Vacuum-and-Recoil-Start-BBC31/328785638 seems to be the cheapest one which might work. My issue with this is the size. This is huge for my small backyard.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Aah, I didn't think about it being available in foreign lands :rolleyes:

My one is great for small brush wood, doesn't use much petrol either.

We cut the hedge the other day and my mate brought his big chipper, that cost £6,000 second hand though :eek:

Made light work of it though, it could eat whole trees...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I have no problem buying tools but tool rental is a great thing.

I don't need to own a trailer wood chipper, gas powered concrete saw, floor sander, 60 pound electric jack hammer... But I've rented and used all of them in the last year.

Ask a Question