Tomatos in a Grow Tent: Problem?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see these bumps and white spots and curling leaves on mater plants, what's happening? Got some ideas but would love some unadulterated independent opinions. Such an isolated environment, can't see insects. My yard filled with septoria this summer, hopefully didn't bring it inside, watching out for it... symptoms are probably different indoors as it's so climate dependent.

20231112_081855.jpg
20231112_081842.jpg
20231112_081832.jpg
20231112_081816.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Those small bumps are called oedema and happens when the plant contains more water than it can use. It is sort of an evaporation technique. The browning of the leaf margins are signs of too much water as well.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Those small bumps are called oedema and happens when the plant contains more water than it can use. It is sort of an evaporation technique. The browning of the leaf margins are signs of too much water as well.
Thanks, really appreciated. I suspected as much... apparently for some reason I poke my finger in the dirt and it's dry, I think perhaps the lights are evaporating the top layer of water faster than the sun did outside but the bottom must be soaked. Lowering the humidity and temp too, will water less... this is pretty temporary, installing irrigation next weekend and transplanting deeper I think.

Ask a Question