the dreaded verticillium wilt

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a/7b
Country
United States
well it's only early May and I think I have a tomato plant hit with verticillium wilt, what do you guys think? We've had more rainy days than sunny days this past week, ripe conditions for the wilt.

If this is verticillium, or something similar, is there anything I can do to salvage this tomato bed? I know the plant itself is dead, but this is the only bed I have open for tomatoes and it would be pretty terrible not having any tomatoes this year. The plant in the picture is a san marzano, which I know is pretty susceptible to this disease. If I replant with something that is resistant to Verticillium, does it stand a chance or is that just wishful thinking?

Start Rant. I start everything from seeds and every year I struggle with the nightshade plants, I'm starting to hate them. End rant.

Attachments

• IMG_6294.JPG
    IMG_6294.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 210
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't think it is anything but too much water. San Marzanos are very susceptible to just about anything and that is why I don't grow them anymore. Get some Opalka seeds online. The only thing that will kill them is Texas summer heat..

Ask a Question