That "s" word, I'm not ready for it.

Reaction score
If I had the energy and equilibrium to move the snow and cover them up, I'd just dig them up! hehehe

Actually I did go out, sit down on my cart, and dig up one leek today to cook dinner. Husband said he'll bring the rest in Friday at the latest, it's supposed to get up to a balmy 40 degrees then.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Once the snow is on the plants they won't get much colder, i've had lettuce that was fine after being under snow for 3 weeks.

Reaction score
It's snowing again. A lot of snow. I didn't have that many leeks and carrots left in the ground. The ground is frozen and hard to get the pitch fork in to. I'll get the sunchokes out for my son (he's diabetic) but the leeks and carrots are staying where they are. I can not wait to move!!!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It has been really cold lately more than normal for this time of the year. Hope you are feeling better and your plants are ok.

Reaction score
Right now I feel fortunate. I was complaining about 6" of snow, but in Buffalo, NY they have 6 FEET! Reminds me of the winter of '79 and '93. Way too much snow, way to early. Farmer's almanac called it right, though.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Then you got the floods to worry about when it thaws :eek:

Reaction score
Nope, Buffalo is on the East coast, can't flow west a thousand miles to get to me :) Even if it did, it would end up in Lake Michigan, and I'm on high ground. Things here are different. They are further away! Buffalo snow flooding me when it melts would be about like snow in Norway flooding you when it melts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Then you got the floods to worry about when it thaws :eek:
What is it? For every 10 inches of snow it is 1 inch of rain? I think I might go out and get a canoe. Poor, poor New Yorkers. It was 73 here today. HEH, HEH, HEH.:)

Reaction score
Awww...Meowmie i definitely feel your pain...i am living in the Caribbean so it's like sunshine all year around...i think i am blessed as i don't think i could manage your climate ..it gives me the chills.

Ask a Question