Tasmanian Blue Gum & New Zealand Tea trees

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
The closest I can describe the flowers in the way the hand down are like thos of the Billbergia nutan only not thick like that. Very fine.

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I managed to find a shrivelled up flower from this tree... not a very good one as it's past it's flowering season but may help get an idea of the flower from this tree

Attachments

• tree flower 001.JPG
    tree flower 001.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 248
  • tree flower 002.JPG
    tree flower 002.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 290
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I am at a loss Sue, sorry. If it were a native tree it would be something that could kind of easily be narrowed down. Since it isn't, the list of possibilities is just too great. If you are desperate to know what kind of tree it is you might want to have a local arborist take a look at it.

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Thank you ever so much for you time and efforts Java Guy I really appreciate it. That's a good suggestion though to get an arborist in to have a look. It's no biggy really I'm sure I'll come across someone sometime. In the meantime I'm going to see if I can grow it from a cutting.

Ask a Question