Police Jump Red Light, without using "blues and twos!"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Well to be fair, he was on a horse!

On my way to golf this morning, as I approached the lights at the junction of a main road, there were two cars in front of me and police rider on a very large horse. I overtook the horse giving it plenty of room as did the two cars in front of me and we pulled up at the lights.

The rider on the horse passed by me on the inside and they stopped at the lights next to the leading car.

For a minute or two we all sat there waiting patiently, (not the horse, that was standing) for the light to change. during which time the hore did what they like to do on main roads.

Then suddenly the horse swung it's head round the the right and looked down through the windscreen at the driver of the leading car and gave him a "Paddington Bear hard stare." I can't definitely say this was in response to the driver remonstrating with it for defecating on the highway.

Anyway the lights on the main road turned to red and long before ours went green, the horse and rider leisurely crossed over the road.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand why cops are on horses in cities; it makes sense to have them on bikes, but horses............

Their primary use is in crowd control at big sports events and possible public disturbances. a golfing pal who's an avid football supporter once told me how effective they are at pushing people away. No one wants to be stepped on by a horse! I guess they just bring them out so that they are always used to people and vehicles.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Their primary use is in crowd control at big sports events and possible public disturbances. a golfing pal who's an avid football supporter once told me how effective they are at pushing people away. No one wants to be stepped on by a horse! I guess they just bring them out so that they are always used to people and vehicles.
That makes sense; although, I do wonder if horses are more vulnerable nowadays since it seems protests are getting more violent. I can see a scenario where a horse can be a very tempting target for some groups.

Ask a Question