Starting seedlings in summer to give away?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I've been thinking about ways to share with my gardening enthusiasm with my friends and family who also enjoy veggie gardening. One idea I had was to start seedlings and give them to friends for a fall garden. Does it make sense to start seedlings indoors in the summer for items to be transplanted in the fall? I thought it would be more visually appealing than passing along extra seeds, and it would give me some practice at starting seeds before next year. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think like you said, it would give you some practice but what matters most is you sharing your seedlings/extra seeds, depending on which ones your family and friends prefer.

But you wouldn't know unless you tried starting the seedling indoors this summer; with the right temperature and nutrients, they should be successful by fall.

All the Best:)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It sounds like a good idea, I think it depends on your area, and what types of plants you will be starting. It has to be a plant the person really wants or they may not take care of it. Good luck.

Ask a Question