Sprinkler timer help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone! This isn’t exactly garden related but I figured this would be the best place to ask this question! I need a timer for a mister for my horse’s stall. Ideally I would like it to run for 15 minutes, off for 45 minutes, and repeat that from 11 am to 4 pm. After that time I would like it to not run until the next day at 11 am. Is there a sprinkler timer that can do this? I was looking on Amazon and from my understanding all of them seem to only have a function to repeat at certain intervals, and not to turn OFF at a certain time and then turn back ON at a certain time and run for 15 minutes on and off until the time i want it to turn off for the night. Are there timers with this capability?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey Jaymhigh, welcome to the forum! I don't think you will find a water timer that will set like that. I don't use them so I could be wrong but it wouldn't be practical for their purpose so my guess is it would be 4hr, 6hr 12hr delay during a 24hr period, or at least an hour delay set to am or pm. I would check with a farm supply store, they might know of something made for that purpose. And I could be wrong but it wouldn't seem practical for a company to program a lawn sprinkler timer to do that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
You can use an array if you dont have wifi out there for smart switches and so forth. One hose to a Y, those two go to a couple of 3 way manifold splitters. Then putting a cheap mechanical timer on each one of the six for a once per day sprinkle at your different times. About the same cost as some of the "splurge" timers I imagine.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You could use this mechanical timer from Amazon that can be set in 15 min intervals, connect an electric water valve to it. It might work.

Attachments

• IMG_0570.jpeg
    IMG_0570.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 3

Ask a Question