Should I Start Over

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Something is attacking my plants. I noticed the black spots earlier in the week, so I moved these plants to a different area. Now they are all over 3 of my plants.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Something is attacking my plants. I noticed the black spots earlier in the week, so I moved these plants to a different area. Now they are all over 3 of my plants.

View attachment 9578 View attachment 9579
Black spots means fungus. Those dead orange looking leaves are covered with mold or mildew or something. I would remove them and spray with a copper based fungicide.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I burned the infected plants. The plants that are not infected, i cut the lower stems and give them a little more space. I am hoping that I did not cut too mich and damage the plants. As far as the copper based fungicide, I don't have anything available, but I will order some from amazon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
My tomato and pepper plants are looking pretty good so far. In addition, my Lemon tree has flowers and may have some lemons soon. The Tangerine is still struggle with leafminor, but it's hanged in there.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I've only just caught up with your thread Ferice having had computer issues. In the few weeks I've been away your plants have certainly come on well after all the initial problems. (y) You've met the challenges head on and can be proud of yourself......I hope that doesn't sound patronising, but growing fruit and veg can be hard work, especially when the odds are against you. Now you can look forward to the fruits of your labour, enjoy them. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
You're welcome Ferice, but Chuck and other members deserve the praise, particularly as they understand the pitfalls of gardening in America. AlI I can do is draw on my general knowledge to help you. :)

I now have a new computer and am tackling Windows 10 for the first time. :eek: :)

Ask a Question