Should I cut this down

Reaction score
i don't know what type of tree this is but its getting bigger and really close to my house. Need advise on what to do with it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 416
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
i don't know what type of tree this is but its getting bigger and really close to my house. Need advise on what to do with it
This tree is only going to get bigger and bigger Before long in a heavy wind it will take your roof off. I would have removed it yesterday.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
You should definitely have that tree removed. In addition to what the branches are going to do to your siding and roof, the roots will have fun with your foundation.

Reaction score
Good points everyone! Thank you. It was there when I bought the house. What do you think I could put in its place? There is a rose bush next to it but it has no room to grow plus it looks like a climbing rose bush.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Tenn, put a small shrub (not small from the nursery, but small when it is fully grown) to replace the tree. I'm not familiar with what grows well in Tennesee, so I can't make a recommendation, except to say that if there is something native, go with that. A native shrub will require less water, less attention, and grow well. Or, you could have a small herb garden there if it is convenient to your kitchen.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This tree is so pretty:( I would let it live. Some trees don't develop big roots, so maybe it won't ruin the foundation of your house.
We had a giant walnut tree growing close to our house for at least 30 years. It didn't do any harm.

Reaction score
I agree with Chuck, that tree will cause you and your house nothing but trouble! Have it removed asap before it gets too big! If you don't do it now you might regret it.

Reaction score
During Hurricane Wilma, I saw my neighbor's house split in half when a tree that was growing close to the house fell on the roof and cleaved the house in half.
You could see their destroyed living room from the street. It would probably be best to remove that tree from beside your house before it gets bigger.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Though it is pretty, you should cut it down. The roots will soon go under your house. My brother's house has a crack on the wall because the roots of the decades old tree is breaking it.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree that the roots could be damage to the foundation of your house. Most people do not realize how large a tree will grow when they plant the trees so close to the house. Hope it is not too much trouble for you to remove the tree before the bad weather sets in.

Ask a Question