Rooms with plants

Reaction score
Maddie and ChanellG, that works with two of my cats but the third cat LOVES water! She treats it like a game and comes back for more! I have never seen anything like her. When I turn on a faucet she comes and begs to play in the water. When I take a shower she opens the curtain and peers in, but that's too much water for her and she will swat at the stray drops but never gets in the shower with me. How 'bout that!
That is one strange cat. I have never heard of a cat wanting to get wet let alone play with water. I have had cats in the past and the water gun is what we have used to get rid of unwanted behaviors. LOL they seem to come in strange packages these day I guess.. :D

@ channel.. that is one smart cat I guess... lol aren't they learning to out smart us poor humans. :) this is so funny.. Thanks for the laughs you two. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
That particular image of all the plants in such a small space is a bit of overkill, but as much as I love plants, I'd have those same plants (and I do) but I'd spread those plants over 2-3 rooms instead of sticking them all in one small room. I counted about 18 plants from the picture, I'd remove at least half and situate them elsewhere.

I wish I had more space; I would love to have a sun room or an atrium, but then I would also have to be able to dedicate time to tending to more plants.

Maddie and ChanellG, that works with two of my cats but the third cat LOVES water! She treats it like a game and comes back for more! I have never seen anything like her. When I turn on a faucet she comes and begs to play in the water. When I take a shower she opens the curtain and peers in, but that's too much water for her and she will swat at the stray drops but never gets in the shower with me. How 'bout that!
That is hilarious! My dad used to have a cat many years ago who loved water; she would pace along the rim of the bathtub while it was filling up and then jump in with him! My mother's cats love to play in the bathtub as well. If you don't keep the door closed you'll find paw prints all over it. Water in the tub doesn't deter them either, lol.
That is one strange cat. I have never heard of a cat wanting to get wet let alone play with water. I have had cats in the past and the water gun is what we have used to get rid of unwanted behaviors. LOL they seem to come in strange packages these day I guess.. :D

@ channel.. that is one smart cat I guess... lol aren't they learning to out smart us poor humans. :) this is so funny.. Thanks for the laughs you two. :)
Maddie, do any of your cats lick? Tina is the second cat I have ever encountered in 40+ years that likes to lick. It drives my mother crazy! The dog doesn't even lick, lol. I don't know how smart that brat of a cat is (I'm sure it was Tigger), but I do know he's crazy, lol!

Reaction score
@ chanell, Nope, my cats never did lick us.. they licked themselves. LOL forget even my dog is trained not to lick .. :D
@ blueiris, He/she seems to love water... lol I haven't seen a cat like that :D
They come in strange packages .. don't they :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
@Maddie, Tina even licks Charlie! It's so funny sometimes, it's as if she doesn't quite realize he's not a cat! Of course, as much as he loves attention, he's not all that crazy about being groomed by a cat.

@Blueiris, Cats are so funny when it comes to water. If you really want to see something, put an ice cube in her water dish.

Reaction score
Thanks ACSAPA ... In my 20+ years of dealing with plants and my love of horticulture, I have never heard of plants being referred to as "filthy." What amazes me is that, here we are in the 21st century, 2013, Information Technology is no longer a buzz phrase or term, it's been a part of our lives for the past 15-20 years, but there are still those people who refuse to take advantage of it. What I mean is that, there's no need for anyone to be ill-informed because anything you want to know, or need to know, can be researched on the Internet. Certainly, most of what you see on the web cannot and should not be taken at face value, but when you have access to thousands of reputable sites on myriad subjects, there really is no excuse for blatant ignorance (no offense to your ex).

I'm not offended at all by you calling my ex ignorant. He is.
When my daughter was 3 years old, I gave her a little toy Batmobile.
My ex said it would turn her into a lesbian to give her toy cars and boys' toys.

This stupidity only happened 5% of the time, so I was able to overlook it for several years. But eventually it got tiresome and I'm enjoying being single right now. It's nice to not get into stupid arguments about ridiculous things anymore.

So, my ex was worried about there being worms in plants that are brought indoors. But let's say that was true, what's wrong with earthworms?
I like earthworms. They're beneficial to plants, harmless, clean and kind of cute. I haven't been able to have indoor houseplants for so many years that I'll probably go plant crazy in my next apartment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I'm not offended at all by you calling my ex ignorant. He is.
When my daughter was 3 years old, I gave her a little toy Batmobile.
My ex said it would turn her into a lesbian to give her toy cars and boys' toys.

This stupidity only happened 5% of the time, so I was able to overlook it for several years. But eventually it got tiresome and I'm enjoying being single right now. It's nice to not get into stupid arguments about ridiculous things anymore.

OMG! I can't believe that you had to put up with all of that madness! I am so glad you are no longer in that situation and that you are healthy and rebuilding your life. I hope your daughter is okay with everything.

Reaction score
Here are some rooms with plants
create-beauty-room-with-indoor-plants-5.jpg
rooms-with-plants-beautiful-flowers.jpg

rooms-with-plants-beautiful-indoor-garden.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think rooms with lots and lots of plants look the most wonderful, I love being surrounded with plants, it's always so relaxing to have something green to look at:D

I absolutely love this bathroom:

EN+SPEGLING+AV+ORIENTEN+1+(via+skona+hem).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I would love to have plants in my bathroom, but there's no light :-(

I sometimes put cut flowers in there, which is lovely, but obviously not the same thing. The plants in the room above would be a bit much for me though, lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I just don't like 'traditional' bathrooms. I prefer when they look like regular rooms, with paintings and plants. I like this one:

bathroom-with-natural-plants-6.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I just don't like 'traditional' bathrooms. I prefer when they look like regular rooms, with paintings and plants. I like this one:

I can relate to that, Claudine. If my bathroom had a window I would put an enclosure over it that came out from the wall like those Victorian windows to create a mini atrium; I love those!

VictorianBayWindowDetailcopy_000.jpg

This one is sort of what I am talking about:

GardenWindow455x490_1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, I love this in the first picture, I'd love to have something like this in my dream house, it's just so lovely. The second is really interesting too but too modern for me
This is such a wonderful bathroom:

06f3bf78fe74a6efac1a8a3fe9a9fead.jpg

Reaction score
@ Claudine.. that is a bathroom that I would like to live in :D. I often think that my bathroom is claustrophobic.. Actually there is space but it has much to do with they way they have designed the space and made it look small.. Now you have given me an idea..I need to see what I can do to lighten and brighten up my bathroom.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, I know, imagine how it would feel like to take a bath there:D
In my parents house we have three bathrooms and I couldn't decide which one of them is uglier. They're very dark and there are absolutely no decorations, just towels and tiles. I'll have plants and light in my dream bathroom even if it'll be small:)

Ask a Question