Query about a white seed-like stuff seen at the tip of my plant.

Reaction score
Hi Gardening-forum members,

I am very new to his field :). Recently I bought a plant (pictures attached), I am not sure what's the plant's name. I brought it because of its similarity to Christmas tree. If someone could kindly let me know its name, it would be great.

Of late I am seeing a white-seed like stuff, (mostly small and almost round-shaped), at the tips of this plant. It looks similar to frankincense. I have attached the zoomed pic. Could someone let me know if this is due to a disease of the plant or its actually some kind of seed?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Melvin
Bangalore
India

Attachments

• flora.jpg
    flora.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 346
  • WP_20150208_007.jpg
    WP_20150208_007.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 386
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Don't know what type of pine it is, but the stuff at the tip of the branch looks like sap discharge. Pretty common on pines at a certain time of year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi Gardening-forum members,

I am very new to his field :). Recently I bought a plant (pictures attached), I am not sure what's the plant's name. I brought it because of its similarity to Christmas tree. If someone could kindly let me know its name, it would be great.

Of late I am seeing a white-seed like stuff, (mostly small and almost round-shaped), at the tips of this plant. It looks similar to frankincense. I have attached the zoomed pic. Could someone let me know if this is due to a disease of the plant or its actually some kind of seed?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Melvin
Bangalore
India
When you touch the white stuff, is it like a powder, a sticky substance or does it smear when rubbed between you fingers?

Ask a Question