Poo in the gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What do you do when you have neighbors that allow their dogs to poo in your yard and garden, and will not clean up the mess? I know that the first logical thought would be to discuss the rude behavior with said neighbor, but the problem is I am not sure who is doing it. Should I post a sign, and what should my sign say? I am looking for creative wording here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Dog shit in my garden will be returned, par avion, to the owner's property.

Thankfully I've never had neighbors this inconsiderate. But I think I'd do the same if I knew whose dog it was.

@Rosyrain, can you initiate conversations with your neighbors about how nasty this is, without pointing fingers? I'm not sure a sign would do much good; people who let their dogs roam and crap on their neighbor's property probably won't change their ways, and the dogs aren't at fault, plus dog's can't read.

Or, if you can swing it, motion-activated sprinklers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Our compound is well protected with a high wall.
And as for the sign board since you do not know whose dog does it a sign board will not help. You will have to first keep a watch to find out whose dog it is and then proceed further. May be you could click a video using a zoom feature which will help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How about "Warning--lawn treated with experimental insecticide, possibly lethal to mammals." Or, "Has anyone seen my pet cougar? He likes dogs."

Haha..this is priceless! However, if they let the poo sat there without cleaning up, do you think they will have the brain in working condition to read the sign?

My sign would say: "Warning: FLEAS AND TICKS ARE IN THE AREA" :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
This is what I would do. Go to each neighbour and tell them that a dog is pooing in your yard and that a friend suggested doggie doo dna testing because it's only 50 bucks these days but you really don't want to go there. Is it the other side do you think? Cause I'm sure you wouldn't allow that to happen...

might be a diplomatic route...

Reaction score
How about "Warning--lawn treated with experimental insecticide, possibly lethal to mammals." Or, "Has anyone seen my pet cougar? He likes dogs."

Hahahahaha! I like that one, it sounds good and totally credible, if that doesn't scare them then doubt something else will. Great idea, Marlin ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The sign I had out front before it walked off read THIS IS NOT _ _ _ _ DOG PARK keep off I'm growing ticks and flea. But some one like my sign, I hope the use it for their yard.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be tempted, if I knew who's dog it was, to bag it up, wait till they go away for the weekend and put it thru their letter box with a pint of maggots from the fishing tackle shop :)

Reaction score
Although dogs can't read - as owners can - how about something along these lines

Funny Signs - Pitbull with aids.jpg

Funny Signs - Unless your dog can do this.jpg

Ask a Question