Please give me a suggestion on what to plant to fill this space!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zone 9b

Full, direct sun, 8+ hours per day

Need to keep whatever I plant under 3’ at all times, so it doesn’t go up too high on the screened porch, but so that it somewhat hides that ugly wall :)

I have about 2-3’ behind the blue row (of space to the wall), and probably a 15’ strip in total.

It doesn’t have to be a hedge necessarily. I just want something that will add depth. I have looked at ferns, lillies, dwarf long grass variants, holly/boxwood, firecrackers, etc etc

I just need a little inspiration from someone on here please!!

Attachments

• IMG_8862.jpeg
    IMG_8862.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Country
United States
Easy to grow Knock out roses.
Hmmm….I really like those and not sure if I’ve ever seen them before, thank you for the recommendation.

I tried looking online for orange varieties, but had no luck. Orange is probably the preferred color for something like that. Any website or company recs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lavender, looks good, smells good, evergreen. There are many varieties, some taller than others, I have several, but I have grown from cuttings when I pruned so I am afraid I don't know the names.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Topical Hibiscus.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1693173315384.png
Abelia kaleidoscope is great if you can find it. It's evergreen (or ever brightly coloured leaves) and set off by the little white flowers. It stays reasonably short, and would fit in there a treat. The seed heads on all Abelias are also ornamental when the flowers go over. Your blue plants would marry well with this. A low growing white sedum would set off the whole picture.

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 99597 Abelia kaleidoscope is great if you can find it. It's evergreen (or ever brightly coloured leaves) and set off by the little white flowers. It stays reasonably short, and would fit in there a treat. The seed heads on all Abelias are also ornamental when the flowers go over. Your blue plants would marry well with this. A low growing white sedum would set off the whole picture.
I love Abelia because they are very pretty and they smell awesome in full bloom. It's amazing how much those tiny little flowers smell so strong. Super choice.

Ask a Question