Phalaenopsis Orchid Almost Flowered....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b: -15°F to -10°F
Country
United States
My phalaenopsis orchid grew a new flower stem then tiny buds appeared.... But nothing happened after that. No beautiful flowers. They just kinda shriveled up and fell off. What happend?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
How often do you water it? And what kind of irrigation method do you use?

I water it when the chips get dry and it's in a plant pot with holes all through it made for orchids.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Temperature
Phals are easy to grow because they enjoy the same temperatures we do – above 60º F at night and a range of 70º F to 80º F or higher during the day. 95º F is the maximum temperature recommendation. Keep in mind that temperatures close to the window on a windowsill will be colder or hotter than your general house temperature. Fluctuating temperatures can cause bud drop on plants with buds ready to open.
Humidity
Use a shallow tray of pebbles filled with water to increase humidity around your plants. Be sure the pot does not sit in water as this will rot the roots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Do you lower the plant in warm water for 30 minutes?

No I just water it like a normal plant. I have heard people do it either way. Not sure what the difference would be but I figured in nature it rains so I'm watering it in a similar way. Idk

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I have many phalaenopsis. Once I left for a long time. My son watered them from the watering can. It was hot and part of the buds wilted.
Now I put them in warm water once a week, I also add fertilizer for orchids. I get a lot of colors. I like the result.
But everyone decides this himself. :):)

Ask a Question