Our Jack Fruits are finally in demand!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, this little monkey is so funny and cute, I love it!:) As for jack fruits, I've never eaten them, I have no idea what they taste like. But I think they must be delicious:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Haha, this little monkey is so funny and cute, I love it!:) As for jack fruits, I've never eaten them, I have no idea what they taste like. But I think they must be delicious:)

The taste really good although they have a strong smell. The whole house smells when it is cut.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Considering how thick the skin of the jackfruit is, this monkey knows just how to open it for the sweet tasty fruits inside. Cute video! You will get more monkeys in your tree soon :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Considering how thick the skin of the jackfruit is, this monkey knows just how to open it for the sweet tasty fruits inside. Cute video! You will get more monkeys in your tree soon :)
Oh no!! I do not want any more monkeys in our property. They are quite destructive and a nuisance around.

Reaction score
Awww, omg!That little monkey looks so cute while chewing his jack fruit :love: Thanks for sharing this, it must be so interesting to see this kind of visitors in your garden. The only cool visitors we ever had in ours was a io moth and bunch of interesting looking butterflies.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Awww, omg!That little monkey looks so cute while chewing his jack fruit :love: Thanks for sharing this, it must be so interesting to see this kind of visitors in your garden. The only cool visitors we ever had in ours was a io moth and bunch of interesting looking butterflies.

As long this little fellow is not around the house all is well as one never knows what he would be up to Preiti my pet adores him.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
That's a cute video about that monkey and your jackfruit. I'm sure the jackfruit is ripe already and the monkey could smell it.

We had a jackfruit tree in our frontyard. After 2 years of bearing small fruits and no harvest since those small fruits wouldn't grow, we gave it a life sentence for another year. On that 3rd year of fruiting and still no harvest, we cut the tree and planted sugar apple. Now the sugar apple is bearing lots of fruit and so sweet and delicious.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
That's a cute video about that monkey and your jackfruit. I'm sure the jackfruit is ripe already and the monkey could smell it.

We had a jackfruit tree in our frontyard. After 2 years of bearing small fruits and no harvest since those small fruits wouldn't grow, we gave it a life sentence for another year. On that 3rd year of fruiting and still no harvest, we cut the tree and planted sugar apple. Now the sugar apple is bearing lots of fruit and so sweet and delicious.
I seem to have an abundance of what grows here and that is quite disturbing specially when there are no takers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I seem to have an abundance of what grows here and that is quite disturbing specially when there are no takers.

Some years ago, we had a macopa tree. It is a fruit that is sweet and not filling. The small tree was so prolific that we harvest more than 30 pieces a day. With that abundance, we gave to the neighbors, brought to the office and to relatives and friends. That's the harvest everyday and sometimes even more. So abundant that all those people we gave samples of... eventually surrendered. So what happens ot the fruits? They just fall off the tree and no one liked to eat anymore.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Some years ago, we had a macopa tree. It is a fruit that is sweet and not filling. The small tree was so prolific that we harvest more than 30 pieces a day. With that abundance, we gave to the neighbors, brought to the office and to relatives and friends. That's the harvest everyday and sometimes even more. So abundant that all those people we gave samples of... eventually surrendered. So what happens ot the fruits? They just fall off the tree and no one liked to eat anymore.
After giving away and consuming the rest is put in compost pits. After a year I get the best compost.

Reaction score
As long this little fellow is not around the house all is well as one never knows what he would be up to Preiti my pet adores him.

Oh, he likes to get close to the animals to? I'd not want it close to my house and pets either, I have heard those monkeys are really cheeky, lol :ROFLMAO:;):D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Oh, he likes to get close to the animals to? I'd not want it close to my house and pets either, I have heard those monkeys are really cheeky, lol :ROFLMAO:;):D

She can see him right on top there and I can hear her whimper - a mild one and this she does when what she sees she likes:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Preiti must be very friendly:) My dog hates other animals. If a monkey somehow managed to visit our garden, he would chase it and bark at it;)

Ask a Question