Organizing your tools

Reaction score
I like DIY solutions that are cheap and easy. Here is a neat trick I found online to keep your shed/ tools organized.
Here is a neat and simple way to use bits of PVC pipes to keep tools in place.
That I thought is a cheap, easy and simple way to be organized and felt that it would be good to share it here.
ku-xlarge.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have been thinking about this, Maddie. I don't have many tools, but I do need a good way to organize them in one spot so I don't have to go on a scavenger hunt every time I need something. I don't have the space to do something like the photo above, and I don't have that many tools so I am thinking about some kind of caddy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
That's a pretty neat solution. I might have to try that in one of our sheds. Thanks much. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I really like the idea, thank you for sharing it. Personally, I'm obsessed with organising everything around me, I just cant stand living in a mess. I can't help it, I constantly clean everything:p
For smaller tools, using buckets can also be a good solution:

hair-tools-storage-home-organization-square-w352.jpg

Reaction score
I really love both of those tips. It's so easy for shovels, rakes, etc. to get all cluttered up, but hanging them in that manner is cheap, easy and very efficient. Doesn't look half bad either!

I really like the buckets too. I think you could make this work even better by using different colored buckets or somehow decorating the buckets.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I really like the buckets too. I think you could make this work even better by using different colored buckets or somehow decorating the buckets.

Yes, I'd probably decorate the buckets too, this way they would look prettier and it would be much easier to find the tool that you are looking for if they were different. But the idea itself is really nice:)

Reaction score
Yes, the bucket would work for small time gardeners like me.. However, I have a small set of hooks fixed on the wall where I hang my tiny garden tools. That way they are in one place and I don't have to go on a hunt when I need them.
@ Chanell, you could have just hooks / a bucket/ or even a tooth brush holder fixed on the wall near your plants to keep your tools organized.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Here is another interesting idea: keeping tools in flowerpots. In my opinion it looks really nice and funny although I'm sure that plants would look prettier than rakes, shovels and pruning shears, lol:

6a00d8341c3c0f53ef013487ccf2ed970c-320wi

6a00d8341c3c0f53ef0133f4ad17d6970b-320wi

Reaction score
That is such a great idea. I love DIY projects. I don't have many tools but I am sure I can start collecting them to fill an organizer like that. I am currently using my 3 year old's beach shovel for my smaller plants. Maybe its time for an upgrade. :D

Ask a Question