On a rainy day.........

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry Big Lou, I hope I didn't steal your thunder by answering Deborahjane.

In the garden it runs riot so it's best restrained by a pot. :)
Oxalis 'Cupido' (1).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8A
Country
United States
No problem, I appreciate you answering. Multiplying would be nice in its current location.

Reaction score
Beautiful house and garden, thanks a lot for sharing it with us! I totally loved the way your lilies look, great work keeping those up! So beautiful!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8A
Country
United States
Since the photos were taken the lilies came into full bloom but as you know they come and go every few days. Our new hydrangea is growing and constantly blooming. The St. Augustine grass is so very green. It is kept at abou a healthy 3". The front beds are thriving and lastly one of the white crape myrtles is blooming. Pond plants in the water and big stone so pleasing.

Thanks everyone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8A
Country
United States
Nothing exemplary yet it is fine for us. I am always in awe of those extensive cottage gardens while also wondering about the time and labor needed to maintain such showcases. Btw, my grandfather had such and indeed constantly tended his gardens.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I find working in my garden very relaxing, I do spend lots of time working to keep my gardens looking good but I don't get crazy about it. No matter how you look at it it beats a 60 hr work week and my garden never talks back to me :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8A
Country
United States
Yes, it is ajuga. Love that groundcover plant. Hope for it to fill in both front beds. It's spiked flowers are so lovely. Tip for you. Ajuga spreads and grows better when you move a section to a new spot. Seemingly triggers a growth spurt. Thanks and enjoy.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is so beautiful! I wish I had just a portion of the talent you do!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Several problems in the back due to the excess rain.

That's also our problem when it rains. Our extension garden in the adjacent vacant lot suffers from flooding when the rain is continuous. We had already built a canal or waterway but it gets easily clogged. Our cassava crop last year was inundated and the tubers were rotten.

You've got a nice and colorful garden there.

Ask a Question