Need advice

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a section on my property that gets really wet probably 4 inches of water sometimes more sometimes less now I could use another spot but I like it the most it gets the best sun now was wondering if someone can give me advice on how to fix this issue I've only been at this property for going on 5 years but now I'm I've only been thinking about it because now I want to start gardening I have 3 acres maybe 2 and half but the rest of the property but it needs work and I don't have equipment to make this work easy but for now I want to worry about what looks the easiest to work with so looking for ideas on what I could probably do on my own because I talked to someone for the the other half of the property they 30k to fix I don't have that so I have to do some back breaking work I'm OK with being that I'm on a budget anyway any advice

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I suppose the wet section is the lowest section.
If it is the lowest area and you want it drier, you can contour the whole site by having mounds and channels. Every three meters (10') down the slope dig a foot deep channel along the contour and place the dirt on the low side as afoot high mound. You end up with a series of paddy fields to stop the water flowing quickly down the slope.
It is a lot of work.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
How steep is your section of good sun? How big is it?
There are other options depending on the site

Ask a Question