Multicolor Rose

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I want to grow a rose plant which will have different colored flowers (on the same plant). I have been told that this is possible. My question is how do I do this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Do you mean that some roses will be one colour and other roses will be a different colour? Or two-tone roses (where each rose has two colours)?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Vinaya, if you want a red, a yellow, a white, etc. rose on the same plant, it involves a terribly complicated and often futile grafting process.
If you want a rose that blooms in two colors there are many on the market.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
One of my roses had green and pink flowers. Now, all its flowers are pale orange. Unfortunately, I have no idea why this happened.
A multicolor rose sounds lovely:)

Reaction score
Best of luck with this, I've that the grafting method is one of the hardest ones, but there are roses who are two color ones, you can buy them like that.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I want to grow a rose plant which will have different colored flowers (on the same plant). I have been told that this is possible. My question is how do I do this.

Might want to look into Joseph's Coat - like the name implies, it is multicoloured. It is a climber and available at places like Walmart. I just planted one and I am sooo excited to see it bloom (eventually in 2 or 3 years!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have never seen this before. However, I did have a rose once that bloomed red one year, pink the next year and then yellow the third year. But, then it finally died out unfortunately.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Southern Japan (11b)
Country
Japan
It's easy. I did it all the time as a child

1. Find a white flower
2. Cut the bottom of the flower in different parts
3. for each part add it in water with added food coloring

sorry for the rushed instructions i may come back and edit it later. but im sure google can help you in the meantime. the idea is to have the flower feed on colored water.

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
That sounds like a challenging task to achieve. But I guess nothing is impossible; it should take some complicated steps which I am sure research can help with.

Good luck!

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
This requires grafting of different rose types onto one main stem. If you're not experienced in grafting, you'd need to purchase one made in this way... I imagine the cost would be quite high.

Ask a Question