kitchen window sill herbs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love it when I discover my plants are actually 2 or more individual ones in a pot. When I separate them I automatically increase the size of my garden. I should have transplanted and fed all of them immediately after Valentines' Day, but I waited and then I hurt my back and was out of commission for a week.
I'm sorry to hear that you hurt your back. I hope you feel better now?
I don't separate my miniature roses, I let them grow together, in my opinion they look prettier this way:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear that you hurt your back. I hope you feel better now?
I don't separate my miniature roses, I let them grow together, in my opinion they look prettier this way:)

You mentioned that before, but I always separate multiple plants in the same container and I divide some that are rootbound as well in order to multiply the plants. One of my little rose plants has bloomed again!

Not the best photo because it was in full sun but...

1904130_10203503241159364_8333919607064328030_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You mentioned that before, but I always separate multiple plants in the same container and I divide some that are rootbound as well in order to multiply the plants. One of my little rose plants has bloomed again!

Not the best photo because it was in full sun but...

1904130_10203503241159364_8333919607064328030_n.jpg
It's a really lovely miniature rose!:D Its petals are red, aren't they? One of my roses looks similar to it, I love it very much, it blooms like crazy and grows really fast. Maybe it's the same variety. Does your rose have thorns? Mine doesn't.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
...Does your rose have thorns? Mine doesn't.

I'm not sure if it has thorns; I will have to take a look at it when I go back out to the garden. The flower is red, so far this is the only plant to develop a bloom. I hope the rest will soon follow suit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Maybe consider researching the usage of a grow light in the winter and part of the other months since you do not get a lot of sunlight as well. I hear they are really inexpensive to run but depending on which ones you buy the prices will vary.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Same here, Pat. I plan to move in with my boyfriend soon. Unfortunately, most of the new buildings here have rather small windows:(They're awful. This is the main reason why I dream of living in an pre-war apartment house. I want high ceilings and enormous windows:D

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I plant my herbs in the spring and use fresh all summer. In the fall, I will pick and dry the rest. I would love to have fresh herbs all year but I have a hard time growing fresh for over the winter indoors. My kitchen has two windows that face east. Is there anyone else who grows their herbs inside over winter?
I cant seem to grow many herbs in my garden as the weather gets too hot or the shade gets the herbs. I have managed to grow basil, parsley and I am now trying garlic, so will see if that happens and hopefully I can grow more later on.

Ask a Question