Help! Aloe vera.

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
My aloe vera plant has not improved for the past 5 months.

Attachments

• IMG_20240327_090044.jpg
    IMG_20240327_090044.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
My aloe vera plant has not improved for the past 5 months.
My recommendation would be to plant it in the ground. I can't really say what the problem is, but I do think it's related to the issue of the container.

What is the size of the container?

I also have aloe vera plants, but they are all in the ground. I did receive them from a neighbor and they were in a 3-gallon container and they were in not so good shape, but after planting them in the ground it has grow very large and with many "pups" sprouting up.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's a desert plant so less water, lots of sun. Perhaps put it out of the rain if you're getting a lot.

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
It's way overpotted, but that's only a problem if you water/it rains frequently. It looks real healthy and they're not all that fast-growing so it looks fine and you don't need to worry.
But it's not getting thicker
It's a desert plant so less water, lots of sun. Perhaps put it out of the rain if you're getting a lot.
If I put it in sunlight, it burns and turns brown

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
If I put it in sunlight, it burns and turns brown
Yes, that was a problem I had when I first planted it (I forgot to mention), I put it in full sun, because that's what they say to do, but it does turn brown. I live at about latitude 30, so I can imagine your sun in Bangladesh is much more powerful.

The plant does want sun, but you have to give it a little shade, so I started planting other plants around it and now it does fine with full sun in the morning and dappled sun in the afternoon.

You may have to give your plant a little more shade, since you live south of latitude 30, so a little trail-and-error should be necessary.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It just takes time. They are not fast-growing plants. A little shade for a couple of months should get it going. Since it’s just the beginning of Spring it will adapt quickly to the more intense light outside if that‘s where you put it. We have several that are in full sun, surrounded by asphalt parking, that only get rainwater. They’re doing great. It can stay in that pot for a couple of years before it gets to the point that it needs bigger quarters or division. Give it time and good care, like you have so far, and it will be fine. Did I mention give it time?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I'm thinking at least putting it in a bigger pot may help. I'm not sure of the size of the current pot, but it seems rather small in the picture.

Ask a Question