Hello

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Happy New Year and thank you for your lovely comments rtorir. Yes I am aware of the importance of trees as without trees there would be no life. I'm not sure that it has anything to do with global warming though? Do you believe in global warming? Haven't had any luck in finding out what my trees are though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, Sue! I am more familiar with trees here in Texas, and unfortunately we don't have the lovely tree you posted a picture of, but here is a site that may help you identify your trees:
http://outdoorz.co.nz/plants.php
There are differing opinions about global warming, but I did see a polar bear holding up a "Homeless" sign;);)!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Well it seems like you have lived with this tree for a number of years so have you asked any of your neighbors? Or as suggested previously taken a branch I to a local nursery, or done a Google image search on trees native to your region?

If you have done none of these yet I suggest you start there..
Would follow this advise .

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
oh and thank you Esther knapicus for the warm welcome. A bit late but been a hectic lead up to C
Welcome to the forum, Sue! I am more familiar with trees here in Texas, and unfortunately we don't have the lovely tree you posted a picture of, but here is a site that may help you identify your trees:
http://outdoorz.co.nz/plants.php
There are differing opinions about global warming, but I did see a polar bear holding up a "Homeless" sign;);)!

I like your sense of humour would a sight to see a polar bear holding a sign huh guess it would be too hot for it down under so we have Taniwha that live in the water.
No help for the trees but yes I have an awful problem with the vegetation around my home they grow like crazy and I'm forever having to prune them. Also the wild life (opossum) are a pest too.

My lemons are all disappearing or rather they are still hanging on the tree minus their skins...

I watched a video on how to grow trees from cuttings and taken some cuttings of this tree and several others but at the moment it's not looking too promising but will try again later as it might be the wrong time of year to do the cuttings.

Watch out for those polar bears!!!!

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Would follow this advise .

Hi, thank you for the advice and yes asked the neighbours who have been here longer than most and they haven't a clue what it is. I didn't have any luck on another link I was given but will follow up on the one given by Marlin Gardener. Still to visit a nursery. I appreciate your advice. I do know that this tree is not a native as I was raised in the bush among the native trees where my father and brothers were bushman and loggers.

Ask a Question