Greetings from virginia!

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm Danielle, and I'm still pretty new to gardening but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I just moved into my first apartment, so I've got a bunch of containers full of plants out on my patio -- I'm attempting to grow tomatoes and beans, as well as carrots, radishes, and a variety of lettuces. I also keep ending up with more plants that I find for sale at good prices, like a baby hydrangea (which has grown a lot since I potted it a few months ago!) and a Japanese maple. My dad also gave me a pot of sedums from his yard, since I've always been really fond of them. :)

In addition to my patio garden, I also have an Aerogarden indoors, as well as a pot of lavender which is taking its time growing but it still seems pretty happy. I also recently tried my hand at forcing a hyacinth bulb and I really loved the results, so I will definitely be doing that again -- especially now that I've happened upon a second forcing vase! I'd like to try growing a tulip next, I think.

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot more here, since I am still pretty new and I've been more or less teaching myself as I go. I'm about to finish up my B.S. degree in Biology, so I do have a decent knowledge of plants in general, but actually growing them successfully is different than understanding them on paper! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums Danielle! Great to have you here, and I hope everything goes well in your Biology degree! :)

Ask a Question