Do you have a drought solution?

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
There is a new gardening product I have come across. It reduces the need for irrigation by 50%. This is not a sales pitch but the promised results and the companies' reputation are encouraging. The product itself is called Organix.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There is a new gardening product I have come across. It reduces the need for irrigation by 50%. This is not a sales pitch but the promised results and the companies' reputation are encouraging. The product itself is called Organix.
Is this product a granulated gel that absorbs and keeps water from evaporating?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Mulching will do the same thing and add nutrients to the soil at the same time! We have a permanent wood chip mulch on most of our gardens and orchard and never water, even in extreme drought. You can use just about any biodegradable thing for mulch - newspaper, cardboard, grass clippings, leaves, pine needles - the list is endless! It is also much cheaper than buying a product :)

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
The product I referred to earlier is called Absorber not Organix. Apologies for this oversight. It is a granulated product that turns into a gel when mixed with water. It absorbs about a hundred times its quantity of water. For this reason, it is first applied into a planting hole before placing the plant or mixed with soil.

Ask a Question