Do we have a section about weeds?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I just figured that weeds are a universal problem and that having weed questions in their own group might make searches easier.

As I've recently discovered I've been pulling potentially good weeds.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A good idea, though they must vary hugely across the world. I remember some long time ago reading an article which related weed health to shortages in the soil, though I can't remember any detail.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well that's part of what I'd like to know. Weds are like other vegematation, they like certain things in soil but not others. They can give hints to tell you what you're missing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I sort of forage, mostly just observing what grows wild around me. Mustard and carrots are virtually everywhere but beware of hemlock.

There's a shopping plaza near me that is in a snooty neighborhood. I have heard several times shopper's complaining about the weeds. I look around and see carrots, hardneck garlic, parsnip and more. It's built on old farmland. Even 25 years later this stuff still grows wild.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Polk is not something I knew, so looked it up. Wiki says it is poisonous ??

Best edible weed I know is the young leaves of dandelions in salad, they have a great tang, but get bitter when older.

Ask a Question