Do Any Of You Have Household Aloe?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been reading so many things about the benefits of having Aloe. Many people seem to start the plant and take it outside, but I've been reading you could grow it indoors, which is great for those who do not have space. Do y'all have some indoor aloe plants and do you have any tips or tricks?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We have aloe vera in the planter box in the front yard since 2002 maybe. One time we had replanted in a pot one seedling (I'm not sure how it is called) of aloe vera and used it as decoration for the living room. It is a sturdy plant and remains healthy even after a week without sunning. However, when I was gifted with a welcome plant that comes with an advice that it would bring us luck then we returned the aloe vera outside and made indoors the dominion of the welcome plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
At my condo complex, I don't have any space outside and our weather isn't compatible for aloe to be out there either. My mom has been keeping her aloe indoor for years by the window, not even having direct sunlight. They do very well, and I recently just took a baby plant home to root in the water. I am hoping to plant it in pot soon.

Reaction score
I if you want to use the pulp of the aloe vera you need to take it from an adult plant. Not sure if an aloe vera plant can do its best indoors :( All my adult aloe veras were outdoors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
When I was a child, my mom used to grow aloe vera plants indoors. As far as I remember, one was really big. I liked it very much, because it looked pretty.
Aloe plants are easy to grow, they don't need any special conditions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
Yes, I have a huge aloe in my backyard and I must say it is beautiful. My wife uses it for making the home brew skin care products she sells.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I have Aloe plants in my garden,We use Aloe as antiseptic on cuts, as ointments on burn, as skin moisturizer.
We also eat Aloe jelly when we experience constipation. The entire need of Aloe is supplied from our garden.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Awesome! I am so happy to see so many people utilizing Aloe's healing properties. I feel like it is one of the under rated plants that people think; "Oh that is for sunburn." Plus I always thought they looked nice. But it is nice to know that they are able to grow inside and outside. Thank's y'all.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't have any experience with growing aloe indoors but as far as plants go, they're on the easier side to grow, not as picky or needy as some, so I don't see why growing them indoors would be too difficult. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
@JessiFox That is good to know. Boy I could have used some this weekend. Silly me, forgot the sunscreen and got sun poisoning. Aloe gel was my best friend all week. Well, I think that is what I will work on this year. An indoor aloe plant.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have tried twice to have an aloe plant and both of them ended up dying. I am not sure what the heck happened. I love them though and think they make great indoor plants. I like to have them for when I burn myself.

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I have had several small aloe plants grow in my home. I keep them near some artificial light and the occasional sun spot and they grow great. They do need a wide set pot though as they tend to spread and reproduce that way. I have many succulents in my home they are so easy to grow and look so cute and pretty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I always have aloe growing indoors. Our winters are too cold to put it outside here in Missouri. It is a succulent so prefers indirect light and easy on the watering. I let the soil completely dry out before I water.

It is excellent for burns and sunburns. We snip off the end of a leaf and use the gel when needed.

My plant makes many babies that I pot and gift to friends and family. I love to share my plants when I can!

Ask a Question