DIY Watering Method

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I saw this watering method to help keep the outdoor plants watered on hot day or when you need to be gone for a day or two. I plan to use it in a few of my large pots.

img22_2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is a really good idea. I might use it if I ever go on vacation. Currently, I can't afford traveling and I really don't want to leave my apartment:)
I'd miss my miniature roses if I couldn't see them every day!

Reaction score
Very cool idea! I might use it as well in the future if I go on a trip in the future. I think with this method you can feel safe your plants will be water for a very long time! Very witty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
You need to check the cap for blockage. Luckily the dirt only plugs it up once a week or so. Do not go that deep.

I used this method successfully in one of my past garden of planters. Bèen there and can give it the thumbs up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I saw this watering method to help keep the outdoor plants watered on hot day or when you need to be gone for a day or two. I plan to use it in a few of my large pots.

img22_2.jpg
That is a great idea. I have 2 pots on plinths which do dry out in summer. I would need to plant around the bottles and hope the plants would camouflage the bottle. I'll give it a go for summer which is a while away as we are one day off winter here. Thanks for the idea Pat.

Ask a Question