Dieffenbachia trouble

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Long story short I got a Dieffenbachia a few weeks ago at walmart that was in horrible condition. Most of the leaves are brown and ugly and were like that when I bought it, I probably shouldn't have had to pay full price with it's condition but I did. So over the past few weeks, it unrolled a few new leaves and I noticed that the newest one is getting a spot on it. Does anyone know what I could do to save this plant. The leaves that aren't completely ruined are beautiful and I'd like to keep it alive I just don't know much about them. I'm in zone 9b
20170108_201121.jpg
20170108_201121.jpg
20170108_201135.jpg
20170108_201144.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not too sure to be honest... could be sun burn? As far as I know plants such as that prefer bright spots but not direct sunlight.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
I think Becky is right It has probably been subjected to a little to much direct Sunlight. Give it Filtered Light But turn the plant regularly to provide adequate light to all sides of the plant and prevent it from reaching toward the light on one side. They do make lovely house plants. I don't think they like there feet to wet. Keep it moist but not swimming.

Ask a Question