Cross Country Cucumbers

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2015/July 2015/8 July 2015 Cross Country Cucumbers/HTML/ 8 July 2015 Cross Country Cucumbers
Cucumbers have stated to produce. Cross country is excellent for juicing and slicing, and pickling. The hybrid is most prolific.The female flower emerges with a small cuke attached and the male without. It is possible to pollinate with a small paint brush. If the female is not pollinated then the cuke dies and falls off. With the shortage of bees in my garden I contemplated hand pollination, but apparently not necessary now, since fruit is forming.
dsc_46158%20july%202015%20cucumbers_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It looks delicious and that is interesting to know about the female and male gender of the cucumber. I grew cucumbers before when the kids were young, but didn't know anything about their gender. I only knew that where there was a flower, there would be a cucumber in the future :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We love cucumbers. In fact, we had that for dinner a while ago, together with fried chicken drumstick. We normally eat cucumbers dipped in mayonnaise. But for sandwiches, it is a good neutralizer for meat like burgers or ham... with mayonnaise also. But we don't have cucumbers in our town although there are plantations in the north where the climate is cool.

Ask a Question