Cascading plants

j.w

Reaction score
All Sedums are easy to just break off a stem and stick it in the ground like that. I have several different kinds of them that I have done that with even the big large varieties.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Is your pond in shade mosses work great if it is .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Irish moss can take some sun as long as it has wet roots

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I got some irish moss and what the lady called scotch moss today .I went to get some composted manure and she had it growing right out in the sun but in a moist area .Seems like looking at the area she could have a natural spring some where and it is making it's way across her yard ,best thing is it runs into her veggie garden .To me thats a win win wish I had a natural spring .

Reaction score
My pond is in full sun all day. I think we are going to just lay slate down. I bought the plants and set them back there, I didn't like the look. That side of the pond was built up with bricks than the liner over it. It's straight up and blocked looking. The Blue Star Creeper will be planted some place else. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well this year I planted more nashturhiums and sweet peas in my hanging flower baskets and used seed from the dollar store and as usual they are coming up thick and full .I tried them for hanging baskets because of there color and unusual look .Not the normal hanging basket any one try out of the normal flowers in baskets or pots they find work good .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
To early they are just starting to grow and will take a pic of them and post it tomorrow .I like the way they cascade over ,but you do have to give them hair cuts they even wrapped around the hanger last year .I put moss in the basket to keep them moist and a watering wand works great to water them

Reaction score
I like the moss idea for behind the pond. There is a 2 foot walkway to the woodpile. It is currently just dirt. We plan on laying slate. The moss will look cool planted between them. It's mostly shade back there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I was surprised at how many kinds of moss there are .I get a lot of it growing here on the ground on one side of the house and out where the woods meets my cleared area

Ask a Question