Can a plant be a pet?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I don't consider my plants as pets...consciously! I feel bad for everything. I sometimes forget that plants don't have feelings. I feel bad for plants when I take their fruits. They worked so hard on it lol. I'm so sensitive. Haha.

Reaction score
You know, if you take care it of it everyday, if you love it and if you've named the thing then who can say it's not your pet? I think plant owners are adorable when they care about their indoor flowers with their own little customized pot. Not everyone can own pets because of personal or building reasons so plants can be a great alternative especially if you have a green thumb.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Well I know some people do talk to their plants so having one as a pet may not be a bad thing to do. Some people are in a situation where they can't have or don't want to take care of real flesh and blood pets, so I would say if a person think their plant is a pet than it can be.

Reaction score
Country
India
I think Yes, Plant is a pet like animals. Basically it depends on our thoughts, Everybody's different.

Ask a Question