Bubble wrap inside greenhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
last year a fair few of my bell peppers and tomatoe plant leafs were scorching, someone advised me to bubble wrap the inside of my greenhouse to stop this and also keep it up all year round to help with heat loss in colder months and start earlier planting seeds.
Is this a good idea ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Lacking significant details. What are your typical internal greenhouse tempature ranges? What were they when things got scorched? If they were in a resonable range that is not the issue. Peppers and Tomatoes can take some heat. Also it not always the heat, it is the loss of moisture due to the heat, in that case on needs to replace the moisture through irrigation and humiditry.

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never heard of using bubble wrap in your greenhouse in the summer. I have seen people use it in the winter to keep the heating bills down. Do you have a ventilation system in your greenhouse? ie, an exhaust fan with intake shutters? What is the roof of your greenhouse glazed with? Is it glass, polycarbonate, polyfilm, or something else? You would have more problems with the suns intensity with a glass roof.

Ask a Question