Battery Products

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tree rings are a good guide, wider in a good summer, narrower in a bad one. Of course they only go back a few hundred years, but by matching the earliest rings with the last on historical wooden objects they have been able to get a continuous reading going back over a couple of thousand years. But they found no evidence of batteries then:)

Loose Screw

Master Weed Puller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tree rings are a good guide, wider in a good summer, narrower in a bad one. Of course they only go back a few hundred years, but by matching the earliest rings with the last on historical wooden objects they have been able to get a continuous reading going back over a couple of thousand years. But they found no evidence of batteries then:)
Yeah, I've seen some articles on exposed earth/rock layers that seem to have a similar testing/theory model.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Remember the Romans grew wine vineyards across their colony that is now Britain. For you Brits, how many old grape varities grow well there in the last 100 years?

Anyway I remembered why I hate gas engines today. But a bit of a brag. Last winter I did nothing to "Summar-ize" my snow blower. There was still a little gas in the tank and I didn't run the engine out of gas or any of the other things you're supposed to do. Today I poured in the fancy expensive can-o-fuel (same kind as the 50:1 pre-mix fuel at $32 a gallon) and using the electric start it managed to start and I used it to clear out some of the snow slop from a few days ago. The engine was loud and stunk the whole time. We have 10 to 14 inches forecast by Saturday so I want that blower going.

Reaction score
Country
France
I once lived in a place called WALES in the UK,
We lived 7 miles away from the nearest village and 1 mile up a track at the bottom of a mountain,
No Neighbors "Only the serious hill walkers,
But we saw the best lawn mower i have ever seen, It was very very cheap to use,
All most silent,
No fumes,
and a local make,
It was called a sheep:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother taught agriculture at a school in Milton Keynes and they had a sheep. He was reported to the RSPCA for leaving it out on the school field all weekend. The RSPCA man said it was the best kept sheep he had ever seen, and he wondered what she thought Welsh hill farmers did; not take the sheep in every night :)

Reaction score
Country
France
My brother taught agriculture at a school in Milton Keynes and they had a sheep. He was reported to the RSPCA for leaving it out on the school field all weekend. The RSPCA man said it was the best kept sheep he had ever seen, and he wondered what she thought Welsh hill farmers did; not take the sheep in every night :)
What about the school grass area's? I bet they we're neat and short cut on all sides(y)

Ask a Question