26 June 2016 Broccoli (juice)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://durgan.org/2016/June%202016/26%20June%202016%20Broccoli/HTML/ 26 June 2016 Broccoli
Four pounds of garden broccoli was processed into seven liters of pressure canned juice. Mixed with the broccoli was one pound of carrots including the tops, one pound of beets including the tops, and about a quarter pound of basil. The produce was washed, cut into small pieces, covered with water about seven liters, cooked until soft about 20 minutes, hand blended into a homogeneous slurry. The slurry was then strained through a 2 mm mesh food mill, and this residue was put through a Champion juicer to extract maximum nutrients. The output of the Champion juicer was mixed with the juice from the food mill. The seven liters of juice obtained was pressure canned at 15 PSI for 15 minutes. this is for long term storage at room temperature, about a year in my case.

dsc_977826%20june%202016%20broccoli_std.jpg

Reaction score
Brocolli is a highly nutritious green vegetable. There was a time when my husband had a stomach problem and the fresh juice of brocolli and cabbage makes him well. That is why I think this brocolli juice is really good coming from this kind of juicer. Nice post!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
The juice is really quite pleasant, easy to make with a routine system. I do most of the mess outdoors in the greenhouse and area, since it is not used for plants during the canning season.

Ask a Question