Who is Eating My Plants?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Will somebody please explain how this reply thing works? I’ve been posting my replies under the other person’s post rather than on here. When I reply, where do I do it? Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Underneath the previous posters post you will see your avatar and next to your avatar there is another box where it says write your reply. Just click there and start typing. When finished click on the green box where it says Post reply.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you Chuck. Does that mean nobody has received my clever retorts? I’ve been using the Reply next to the Like right under the comments people are making. I’ve been commenting all along…but you won’t see it? Honestly, I’m not ignoring you guys.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you Chuck. Does that mean nobody has received my clever retorts? I’ve been using the Reply next to the Like right under the comments people are making. I’ve been commenting all along…but you won’t see it? Honestly, I’m not ignoring you guys.
It is all showing up. That reply button is used to reply to that specific post and you can use it or not use it. About all it does is let the poster who is being replied to know that he is being replied to on his alert notifications.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So here is what I’ve basically been asking (minus the other comments I’ve been making): would I have these various visitors in my living room leaving slug trails on our hardwood floor and antiques? We haven’t seen any of that. But I will soak the plants as advised, and if I find anything, I will douse it with Sluggo or Capt. Jacks Bug Killer. Thank you for the help and advice!

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is all showing up. That reply button is used to reply to that specific post and you can use it or not use it. About all it does is let the poster who is being replied to know that he is being replied to on his alert notifications.
OK. Thanks Chuck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So here is what I’ve basically been asking (minus the other comments I’ve been making): would I have these various visitors in my living room leaving slug trails on our hardwood floor and antiques? We haven’t seen any of that. But I will soak the plants as advised, and if I find anything, I will douse it with Sluggo or Capt. Jacks Bug Killer. Thank you for the help and advice!
Slug and snail trails are left behind wherever a slug or snail happens to travel. They sometimes live in the soil and only come out when it is dark but they will still leave a trail as shown in the picture. Sluggo is a granular product. It is organic and safe for people and pets. Just sprinkle it around on the soil and when the slug crawls over it he is as good as dead. The Captain Jacks is a liquid and is also organic and safe for people and pets. There is another product, also organic, that kills ONLY caterpillars and there are many brand names, but the active ingredient is Bt (Bacillus thuringensis). In your case I recommend a spinosad based product simply because it kills insects and caterpillars. It just takes the spinosad an extra 12-24 hours for death to occur whereas with the Bt product the caterpillar stops eating immediately and is dead within 4-6 hours. But you never know, you might have some insect invasion and if so the Bt won't do a thing but the spinosad product will.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Slug and snail trails are left behind wherever a slug or snail happens to travel. They sometimes live in the soil and only come out when it is dark but they will still leave a trail as shown in the picture. Sluggo is a granular product. It is organic and safe for peoplIe and pets. Just sprinkle it around on the soil and when the slug crawls over it he is as good as dead. The Captain Jacks is a liquid and is also organic and safe for people and pets. There is another product, also organic, that kills ONLY caterpillars and there are many brand names, but the active ingredient is Bt (Bacillus thuringensis). In your case I recommend a spinosad based product simply because it kills insects and caterpillars. It just takes the spinosad an extra 12-24 hours for death to occur whereas with the Bt product the caterpillar stops eating immediately and is dead within 4-6 hours. But you never know, you might have some insect invasion and if so the Bt won't do a thing but the spinosad product will.
Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it!

Ask a Question