Well...this is embarrassing...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
How much longer until we get to see the plant? How is it doing so far?
Its still growing new stems, it looks like a poodle of a lavender, right now. We've have a few blistery nights, but I've let it on the porch for some real sunlight, every now and again, its trying to come back, just very sad at the moment. Its late but I'll take a pic tomorrow or the next day, to show you its subtle recovery......oh so subtle. Poor baby.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
001.JPG

Its coming back guys...Still recovering, but I'm thinking its nice enough weather, and it may be healthy enough, I'm going to put it in the ground in the front bed. I want to get it back to full health and there's no cure like nature, so. What do you think so far?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It's made a good recovery with your tlc Alyce. (y) Lavender isn't really a plant that likes to be fussed over, so yes plant it out and let it do it's own thing. They prefer a well drained soil, little or no feeding and water sparingly. I have lavenders in sandy soil and have never fed them. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sheal can Lavender be planted in shade? I have an area that's sandy under one of my trees that I'd love to plant some ground cover.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Lavender love the sun tbendl so I would say no, but if the area catches the sun for a few hours a day then you might get away with it. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hmmm no, not really under that tree but I might find a sunnier spot for it near the pond then.
Thanks Sheal. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Spider mites. This term is kinda new to me but I have an idea. Our mango tree was once infested by flying insects, not sure if they are bugs but they look like jumping on the leaves. And the mango tree has spider's web all around some of the branches and twigs. And when not removed, the flowers would die and the twig would dry up. So I guess that pest in our mango tree are spider mites.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
james5713

Latest Threads