Rotary scissor edge trimmer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone used one of these rotary scissors? I have seen them on Youtube and seem to be good but I wonder how they are for edging flower beds.

1683476260402.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I want one just to see but for 300 bucks there are too many options including dedicated edgers that are 1\3 the cost. I like the idea of less damage and a scissor cut.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want one just to see but for 300 bucks there are too many options including dedicated edgers that are 1\3 the cost. I like the idea of less damage and a scissor cut.
You can get them directly from Japan for under $200 with free shipping. They have a different part numbers. I contacted the company and this is what they said

Thank you for contacting us.

Regarding the difference of two models,

ASK-V23 is for the Japanese market.

ASK-MW23 is for the global market.

Both products have the same functions, but the diameter of the gear case differs between domestic and overseas models.

ASK-V23 Attachable ➡ Outer tube diameter φ24mm,φ25mm,φ25.4mm,φ26mm

ASK-MW23 Attachable ➡ Outer tube diameter φ24mm,φ25mm,φ25.4mm,φ26mm,φ28mm

We recommend you the ASK-MW23.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
View attachment 100637Its genuine made in Japan. The original quality you can`t find from any other makers. Its only IDECH Japan provide this.
Yeah they have been around for a while now. Very overpriced and heavy since it is not string but metal. Maybe good for a professional lawn care service that has the heavier trimmers that can balance it like the models that are using a back strap support. Another good use is when a lawncare company has hired workers that move too fast with little control and it is like training wheels to keep the inexperienced from doing damage. They may also cut too low with the device as well. It needs a round rolling wheel foot that allows height to be set for them.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siddhant

Latest Threads