POTM September 2016 Winner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations to @Dinu for winning the September 2016 Photo of the Month competition! :D (y)

4 Dinu.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well done Dinu :)

Lovely shot (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Greetings @Dinu and congratulations! I will be happy to see this photo during the month of September. I loved this photo at once with the peaceful pond, the reflections in the water and the varied disarray of the vegetation and what not in the background. It is a place where i would like to sit awhile. I assume there is a bench nearby?(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well done, @Dinu , that was a beautiful and serene shot of your pond! I hope you share more pics of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Beth-B your photo is also beautiful and not so very different but you didn't have the mess in the background:LOL: and i think the reflection was less crisp? I can't figure out where your photo is now to view it again so i am working on memory, but i do remember thinking "good job Beth". I don't know where the photos go that don't win.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Beautiful shot - I adore the reflection off the water of the flowers, I think that's my favorite part! So tranquil!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
Thank you one and all, for voting, liking and appreciating. Actually I remember having my knees adjusted a little so that the reflection of the flowers came in, just getting above the hyacinth leaves. This is also one rare occasion when only the pink lilies are up and not the blue ones. The blue lily plat was yet to bloom at that time and now, the pink has gone dormant for too long. Blues are an everyday feature almost all the year round. That is Bulrush leaves at the far end of the pond. Here is a photo I took in April - summer - when I had allowed the water lettuce and water hyacinth to cover the surface to a large extent as an insulator to heat. I removed 75% of them later in June. But blue lily plant has now spread much. I removed the old plant with its ball of roots,but 2-3 younger ones remain. They are also increasing
IMG_0690.JPG

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful pond. I would like a cup of tea and a soft chair to sit in next to the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
I would like a cup of tea and a soft chair to sit in next to the pond.
In fact, the long stone bench you see at the back is where I have my coffee and my breakfast often [hand held plate]. I also put in a small amount of fish food for the fish to enjoy while I sit there and watch. They know it when I come there, swim eagerly in my direction. It's great to watch.

Ask a Question