New to all of this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm Phil 37 and I'm keen to learn more about growing plants and gardening in general. since having a stroke not long back I have been spending more time in the garden and I have been really enjoying it I just want to learn more as I'm not very good

cheers Phil

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and welcome Phil.
Don't spend too long in the garden until it gets warmer, it's easy to do too much at the moment, we're all anxious to get going.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, welcome.
What would you like to grow? Veg. and/or ornamentals; perennials, annuals, basic foods, specialities?
There are forums on the site for most things. Sean is right about outside, but if you are growing from seed it is worth starting somethings indoors, my first tomatoes are on the windowsill in pots. Welcome to an enjoyable journey :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm thinking of chilles at the moment and some other herbs to use in my cooking but I'm a total novice
Chillies do well in a greenhouse with not too many problems. For herbs, I have had some fairly good results from buying one of those packets of growing herbs, splitting them up, and giving them room to grow.
A tomato or two can be good if you want flavour, much better than anything you will get in a shop, and I am germinating my first lot of basil now, but tomato and basil will be on the window sill for a bit before they go out to the greenhouse.
At the moment I am preparing beds, digging over, deciding what will go where and amending the soil with some compost and well rotted manure, if you jump on weeds this time of year before they flower you can stay on top all season, and feeding the soil will feed your plants.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Phil and welcome to the forums.
It's good to start slowly and take it easy with the outside gardening, best to do things when it's a bit warm.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Phil, it's great to hear that you have been enjoying spending time in your garden! Gardening can be a very rewarding and therapeutic activity, and there's always something new to learn.
If you're new to gardening, start by learning about basic plant care principles such as soil preparation, watering, fertilizing, and pest control. You can do this by reading gardening books and magazines, joining online gardening forums and communities, attending gardening classes and workshops, or joining local gardening clubs and societies.

For more info check this resource
Facebook Page:
Youtube Channel Link:

Hi I'm Phil 37 and I'm keen to learn more about growing plants and gardening in general. since having a stroke not long back I have been spending more time in the garden and I have been really enjoying it I just want to learn more as I'm not very good

cheers Phil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefcommander

Latest Threads