Making a greenhouse from reclaimed items.

Reaction score
I love the idea of recycling bottles to make a greenhouse! I was all set to do this myself until I realized how many bottles it was going to take, the amount of time I would need to save them (not to mention the amount of water I'd have to buy), the storage space for saving the bottles... yeah, that's about when reality set in, lol.
Chanell, all you have to do is spread the word in the neighbourhood and with friends that you are collecting plastic bottles and have a bin outside your door and you will have quite a collection very soon. I just needed a few bottles and told my friends about it. The next morning I woke up to find 60+ bottles at my door. I had leave notes for my friends to stop sending me bottles. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Chanell, all you have to do is spread the word in the neighbourhood and with friends that you are collecting plastic bottles and have a bin outside your door and you will have quite a collection very soon. I just needed a few bottles and told my friends about it. The next morning I woke up to find 60+ bottles at my door. I had leave notes for my friends to stop sending me bottles. LOL

That's funny, Maddie, and I considered doing that, but it would still have taken a long time and created a serious storage problem. I don't use that many bottles or jars (at one time I was asking for jars) and I don't think my friends do either. The other issue in asking other people to save containers for you is they a) have to remember, b) have storage space, c) be willing to clean them, etc. It was just getting too complicated.

Right now I am just trying to find a way to collect coffee grinds. My friend has a restaurant and has said yes, but we haven't coordinated a way to do it. When things get busy, people don't remember stuff like that. Also, I don't want to end up with more stuff than I can use or store - storage is a big issue right now.

Reaction score
That's funny, Maddie, and I considered doing that, but it would still have taken a long time and created a serious storage problem. I don't use that many bottles or jars (at one time I was asking for jars) and I don't think my friends do either. The other issue in asking other people to save containers for you is they a) have to remember, b) have storage space, c) be willing to clean them, etc. It was just getting too complicated.

Right now I am just trying to find a way to collect coffee grinds. My friend has a restaurant and has said yes, but we haven't coordinated a way to do it. When things get busy, people don't remember stuff like that. Also, I don't want to end up with more stuff than I can use or store - storage is a big issue right now.
Yeah, I understand what you mean. You may end up with a lot of junk, but not enough for a for a green house. Sheesh.. I had to find different ways of disposing those bottles and store them until I found takers for them. It gets really complicated if you do not have a lot of space to spare. I think the green house your mom gave you for a gift will serve you well.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
greenhouse.jpg

http://www.makingyourown.co.uk/make-your-own-plastic-bottle-greenhouse.html
What a great idea, I think you're headfullofideas not bees.

Ask a Question