Keiki paste

Reaction score
Has anyone here used keiki paste to propagate new orchid plants? I have been hunting high and low for keiki paste but haven't been able to find it locally and the shipping cost are more than the product cost if I try to order it on ebay. Has anyone found another way to propagate/clone your orchids?

Reaction score
Okay since I am not getting any responses on this one.. and I am unable to find the chemicals that have been used without much success by others I have started my own experiments. I have made into a paste some aspirin, some age defying cream and some orchid food and applied it on the node.. Let me see what comes of it. This is my own concoction.. I am willing to take chances.
I need to report that a couple of my dormant orchid have been forced to come back to life by adding warm water to a tray and standing my container over it. I then enclosed this with a clear plastic container and there are small shoot coming from all sides of the plant which has been barren for months now. :)

Reaction score
Here is how my experiment went ..I the asprin paste with antiaging cream on the nodes have led to what I called new shoots.
One of the shoots that I speak of is apparently a keiki but it is also a flower stalk. I think I will wait for the blooms to fade before I remove the keiki from the mother and plant it separately. This is such a happy experiment and I am glad that I found success with it. I am posting this so some other can try it and see if they can get the same results.

Ask a Question