Image zoom

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If someone posts a picture of something and I try to look closer with the sites zoom feature, it barely zooms in. It should be able to zoom better than what it does. Maybe it works better with a phone where you zoom with fingers but on a windows desktop the zoom sucks. I have had to download the pic and then zoom in.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @YumYum, can you post a link to a thread where this is a problem and I'll take a look on my desktop to see if there's a workaround :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This thread someone was talking about their walnut tree. I just wanted to zoom in and see the leaves. Basically the zoom doesn't make it much bigger than what it already is on the post. In other words, when I click the image it opens up the css thing and the image zooms out to start with. Then when I click the image to zoom in, it basically zooms back in to where it started so nothing was gained.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here are the views I get.

The post.

1.png

Clicking the image goes into css mode. As you can see it zoomed out. The main pic is in the background but shaded.

2.png

Now zooming in on the image in css mode. As you can see with the main shaded pic in the background, it didn't zoom in very much. I had to resize the pic so it would upload.

3.png

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @YumYum, it looks like it's working as expected by the forum software developers unfortunately. It'll only let you zoom to the 100% level. What you could try is holding down CTRL + use the mouse scroll wheel, as that'll do a manual zoom in most browsers :). I use it sometimes, then I press CTRL + 0 to reset the zoom level to default.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If I open the image in a new tab that works, but in css mode the code keeps reverting it back to the regular size when using the browsers zoom so it never actually zooms in.

As a side note this happens on another forum too so it has to be the forum software.

Ask a Question