I want a super lawn, please help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
A good lawn (not perfect) takes too long, is too expensive and boring,. I'd rather spend time with a rough patch of grass full of wildlife and flowers, cut once every 4 -6 weeks and put the effort and money into growing unusual and interesting bulbs, perennials and shrubs.
I was thinking of these sentiments as I cleaned the blood trail of a rabbit off my garage floor. Country living has its moments. Especially at the intersection of cats and country.

Reaction score
Country
United States
A good lawn (not perfect) takes too long, is too expensive and boring,. I'd rather spend time with a rough patch of grass full of wildlife and flowers, cut once every 4 -6 weeks and put the effort and money into growing unusual and interesting bulbs, perennials and shrubs.
We all have are likes
Some could be happy with a cheap timex some need a rolex

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
OK! OK! So here is a solution to hopefully please all sides of the argument. Put down a good quality artificial turf. If will look pefect pretty much forever and won't need watering, mowing, feeding or weeding. And.... the new stuff is recyclable if you ever take it up.
Yeah recycled on Ebay!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
.... and by the way, no one NEEDS a Rolex. Like I used to tell the kids, there's a difference between "need" and "want". Money can't buy happiness, it can only fund research into the subject - and typically ultimately unsuccessful. A Rolex is a complete narcissistic waste of money which would be better spent buying that Timex and helping out some less fortunate individuals...... you know...... IMNSHO.

Reaction score
Country
United States
.... and by the way, no one NEEDS a Rolex. Like I used to tell the kids, there's a difference between "need" and "want". Money can't buy happiness, it can only fund research into the subject - and typically ultimately unsuccessful. A Rolex is a complete narcissistic waste of money which would be better spent buying that Timex and helping out some less fortunate individuals...... you know...... IMNSHO.
Talk to these rolex wearing folks, they “need” it.

Ask a Question