Got some great germinating advice. Wanted to share it with you all!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Some of you may know this trick or one like it already, but incase you don’t here it is!

Get about 10 seeds. Take a large piece of paper towel and wet it. Spread the seeds out in the paper towel and fold it up. Put that into a plastic bag to create a mini greenhouse. Then wait for about a week, or until the radical grows about an inch in length. Then take a peat pod, soak it, and place the radical inside. From there let the plant grow until it is a three inch tall seeding. Then plant it in your garden. Of the 10 seeds started usually around 7 make it into the garden, and of those 7 about 5 make it to adulthood. To protect against pests take a cardboard tube from a paper towel roll. Cut it into about three inch long sections and place them over your seedlings. This protects the seedlings from certain pests that are known for cutting the small plants up (i.e. grasshopper, cutter worm, etc.) Good luck in your planting!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thank You for sharing that nice tip GardenGirlStuff!

I'll be sure to use this when it's seed planting time. I'll bet it works especially well for hard shell seeds such as beans.

Enjoy This Day!
Paul

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank You for sharing that nice tip GardenGirlStuff!

I'll be sure to use this when it's seed planting time. I'll bet it works especially well for hard shell seeds such as beans.

Enjoy This Day!
Paul

Sure thing! It's pretty handy! Hope it works for you when the time comes:)

Ask a Question