Feng shui - wind water

Reaction score
This is what I blogged about this morning. I was about to create a post here, but as I did more research on Feng Shui, I thought I'd blog about it. I've added a few highlights from my blog post below.

Feng means wind and shui means water. In Chinese culture wind and water are associated with good health, thus good feng shui came to mean good fortune.

Live plants represent the life force and are important elements to have in your environment. House plants emit a positive energy, cleanse the air, and contribute to the positive flow of chi throughout a house.

Any healthy plant can increase your home's chi and can be used in feng shui designs. The more beneficial plants are:
  • Lucky Bamboo
  • Palms
  • Dracaena
  • Peace Lilies
  • Ficus
  • Aloe Vera
  • Rubber Plants
  • Boston Fern
  • Heart Leaf Philodendron
  • Croton
  • Jade (aka Money Plant)
  • Cornstalk Plant
  • Hanging Plants, esp Spider Plant
aliveplants.blogspot.com

What are your ideas about Feng Shui as a method of increasing chi in your environment?

Reaction score
The picture below has been dubbed, "The Philosopher's Garden." This would be an extremely serene and peaceful place to get in touch with one's spiritual side ..

feng-shui-beattie-curves.jpg

Reaction score
I believe in Feng Shui, although I have never taken the time to find out what each name means, but I do believe that they way things are placed in the home have a definite effect on the way a person feels when they are inside of the home.
I have a book about Feng Shui furniture placement and clearing clutter. Very good read. I did not know about the plant part of Feng Shui though. This is my first time reading about this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I think my life is complicated enough, lol. Feng Shui is more than I can think about, though it's a nice idea that arranging your environment in a certain way could positively benefit your life somehow. I don't know anyone personally who can say they've used it with success, but the opposite is also true.

Reaction score
I think my life is complicated enough, lol. Feng Shui is more than I can think about, though it's a nice idea that arranging your environment in a certain way could positively benefit your life somehow. I don't know anyone personally who can say they've used it with success, but the opposite is also true.
Chanell, it's not as difficult as it sounds. A good way to look at Feng Shui, which is nothing more than balancing the energies of any given space, which will assist in health and good fortune, is simply to eliminate clutter and add 2-3 plants in that space.. no more, no less.. One thing I know about plants (and I'm sure you are aware of this also), even before researching Feng Shui, is that healthy plants have an abundance of energy. A healthy plants' energy is always positive. I think you could have one room in your house, with 2-3 healthy plants, and that one room would be sacred, a great place to meditate, for deep breathing, for exercising, and just relaxing. One might think that the room is no different than any other room, but I beg to differ. There is one more thing that most people don't realize. Every last plant on this earth, including the ones we bring into our homes (and all of them have their origins in the rain forest of the world), have a genuine purpose, and not just for cleaning the air. Plants are so much more alive than we give them credit for.

Reaction score
What little I read about it means I would have to reorganize my entire home and I don't have time to do it much less figure it out. Everyone says it's easy but what I read looks like it can be very complicated.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't believe in Feng Shui. I just like surrounding myself with pretty things and plants and I like keeping everything in order. I don't need any rules, I just want to feel good in my garden - and right now I feel wonderful there:D (well, I would if it wasn't so cold:p )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hyujos

Latest Threads