Can someone identify this weed and need advice how to get rid of it

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone identify this weed and need advice how to get rid of it. I sprayed Meso 4SC Select Herbicide (generic version of Tenacity) and nothing happened and it seems to take over my entire lawn.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284861917243

Attachments

• 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    403.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 21
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
How long ago did you spray? Is the whitening or silvering the plant or the effects from spraying? It looks stoloniferous. Have you a sample of how it spreads? Is it running above ground, below ground or both? can you isolate an individual plant against a solid background to show its detail better?

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was light green and as soon as I applied the Meso 4SC the weed started turning white. I have never seen this kind of weed in my life. Do you think the herbicide is working? I will post the photos tomorrow. In April I got rid of a 20 yr old Silver maple tree which had severely exposed tree roots. I had hired a mexican to install a new maple tree. He took out a lot of old soil and brought in a 4 cft of top soil (must have got it from a dumpster) which had all these weeds. I overseeded with tall fescue in late April which was too late and the summer was too hot and most of the grass seeds did not germinate. However, the new tree did not survive it died within 2 months. Now, I have to go a new tree in Sept.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I sprayed Meso 4SC about 10 days ago (7/17) and I have tall fescue. Here are the closeup pictures.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 5
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 8
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 7
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It stops photosynthesis and takes about two to three weeks to work. The light colour would suggest that it is starting to do the job, so be patient for another week or so.

Ask a Question