Calcium Overdose - Money Plant

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hey Guys,

This is my first post on this forum so I apologize for any errors/mistakes.

The question I have is regarding my colleague's plant. He put some blue crystals in his plant's water. He had no idea what they were but assumed it was good for the plants since he saw someone putting it in another plant's soil. I did a little research and turns out they were calcium nitrates (?). I didn't think much of it but after about 2-3 weeks (maybe more) his plants started yellowing and dying basically. He still didn't bother about them but I decided to take matters into my own hand and regularly changed the water hoping that they will recover. I also washed the stems and leaves before putting them in fresh water because they had white powder stuck on them (the calcium, I assume). But I guess the damage was too severe because every time I put fresh water, by the next day that water would be tinged blue. The roots had completely changed colour too.

Today I've got a new, smaller vase for this once vibrant and beautiful plant. I've cut off all damaged roots and removed all the yellowed leaves. I'm hoping this will be enough to bring it back to life but should I be adding something else to this little guy to counteract the calcium overdose he has already suffered? Preferably something easily available in the kitchen maybe?

Regards,
Afsheen

Money Plant.jpeg

Ask a Question