Buttercups

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Yes we have buttercups and at first really liked them until they started to be invasive so now I'm pulling them out before they spread even more. Lovely flowers but you can have too much of a good thing. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
I weeded for a lady who in a back flower garden had only one Buttercup plant with a Buttercup flower.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

@Colin, Do you see Buttercups for sale at various garden centers?

Thanks for asking; I've not noticed any buttercups whilst visiting our local garden centers but buttercups are everywhere here; out of curiosity I've just browsed the web and find seeds are readily available but it depends upon your climate whether these will grow because they like sun with moist soil; we don't have much sun but we sure have moist soil courtesy of my own personal big cloud blackie;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Nativ...acris-Appx-500-seeds-Wildflower-/251839685865

Here's a bit of information which may help?

http://www.gardenersnet.com/flower/buttercup.htm

Our buttercups just appeared; firstly the odd plant or two which we left alone because we like buttercups but this year I've been ripping them out because they became very invasive and they certainly grow big and strong. We've also got lots of strawberry plants which are spreading that we've never planted; I've just been to the top of our mountain and moved a ground cover conifer to a lower location; it was being smothered by the new meadow I had seeded; I then went around with the hoe doing more weeding; it's difficult trying to keep on top due to the growth everything is putting on; it keeps me fit and active so no complaints from me.

Good luck with buttercups; if you can buy plug plants they will possibly take better than seeds?

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
One gentleman I do yard work for has one Buttercup plant on the west side of his house.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We too have a single buttercup plant to the side of our bungalow; I'll leave this one in peace as it's not hurting anything; elsewhere I've had to pull lots of buttercups out because they were taking over; lovely flowers but we can have too much of a good thing.

Kind regards, Colin.

Gardens_002.JPG

I thought there was just one but it looks like there's actually two.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Persian Buttercups display large, double blossom flowers up to five inches wide that are shades of yellow, lavender, pink, red, and white.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathandiaz

Latest Threads