Country
United Kingdom
DSCN1796.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Ah, now I actually do like autumn. I get to really start harvesting and baking, canning and of course, eating everything.

It's fun to try to outsmart the weather. I've got my two heaters now although one might be too much and pop the auto vents -hmmm, now I'm thinking about how to divert that spare heat to a temp greenhouse.

Thanks Zig! You got me thinking about more projects to tinker with.

Oh, and a friend gave me an orchid so now I will have to learn how to grow those too - a big challenge for someone who loves to carry a full watering can...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh, stop it now, zigs. :p
Actually I love it. We have 2-3 months left before the snow and ice hits and I am looking forward to cooler fall temperatures already.

Reaction score
And I am so happy about it! I totally love autumn! Its one of my favourite seasons :) Any kind of change is good with this humid scorching weather. So autumn is completely and absolutely welcome :) Can't wait for winter to be finally here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
What a cute little mushroom:D
I'm so happy this summer is almost over! For the first time in my life I'm actually looking forward to sitting at home, drinking hot tea and looking at falling leaves. It will match my mood.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm guessing there's a bit of wood under these fellas

DSCN1836.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I cannot fully relate to this thread because we do not have autumn here. However, my idea of fall is similar to the time when the rains are getting scarcer and scarcer. The caballero a.k.a. fire tree would be displaying its big orange flowers (hence the name because the flowers are like fire when seen afar). And our mango tree would be shedding the leaves. Now, I guess that is a good description of autumn.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have two ginormous maple trees that are quite stunning when they turn colors. Then really a lot of work to rake and bag all the leaves...the township picks them up if they are bagged properly.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I have two ginormous maple trees that are quite stunning when they turn colors. Then really a lot of work to rake and bag all the leaves...the township picks them up if they are bagged properly.

I'd have em if I lived near you, love making leafmold :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'd have em if I lived near you, love making leafmold :)

Oh, I leave a lot of the leaves (that looks funny) down, but I have so many trees that the fallen leaves would suffocate the grass. And when they get wet and then freeze on the ground, they are treacherous. So I rake the front of the house and driveway, but that's still 7-8 big leaf bags worth.
You are welcome to pop over any time this fall and take as many as you want. :D

Ask a Question